How can the difference between physical and spiritual life be made clear when so much of our physical life has been misappropriated to the spiritual? Largely as the result of occult influences in the church, or the adoption of occult teachings to describe the spiritual realm, modern Christians have learned to reject Biblical explanations and descriptions of spiritual matters.
“Enlightened” spiritual masters have called their powers, “gifts.” As a result, Christians have rejected or ignored the term, “manifestation” from 1 Corinthians 12: 7 altogether. Instead, most have embraced the italicized term, “gifts,” from 1 Corinthians 12: 1, and 14: 1 and applied it to “manifestation” instead. So the resulting understanding of verses 8 – 10 is that all of these spiritual actions are individual and personal spiritual gifts of God and not evidence of the true gift, the Holy Spirit. Here is 1 Corinthians 12: 7 as it appears in the King James Bible.
“But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.”
But Christian understanding of this verse is entirely different and based directly upon the version of the Bible we read. This is the same verse from the much more recent (1996) and second most popular English Bible, the New Living Translation.
“A spiritual gift is given to each of us so we can help each other.”
So, as a result of the authority of the King James Bible being replaced by newer versions of the Bible, the original words, translated directly from Greek manuscripts is changing to reflect modern, (occult), influences in Christian thinking. Here is the same verse from the Contemporary English Version published by the American Bible Society since 1995.
“The Spirit has given each of us a special way of serving others.”
Instead of “manifestation” or “gift,” now Christians have a “special way of serving.” The progression has gone from “to profit withal” to “serving” or “help.” The average Christian will slog through the previous paragraphs and descriptions and simply say, “So what? It’s all help and service for someone’s profit. What’s the big deal?” Then the next reaction will be this natural response, “It’s too difficult and boring to understand. I’ll just believe what my Bible says and let the Theologians and my pastor decide what’s right for me.” From this point on, no further discussion will be entertained and no opinions will change. Lucifer has won the battle for the minds of our children and most new Christians, and they don’t even know that their opinions and beliefs concerning the things of the spirit are really occult, and not Biblical. While the occult realm embraces the devilish spiritual sources they recognize, we are being led to deny and avoid the Godly spiritual source of our power, ability, and salvation.
This is how far we’ve strayed away from respecting and desiring our own personal knowledge of the Word of God and our relationship with God. We’ve given up our need to know the truth our self, and given that requirement to know the truth to someone else. To put it in the most blunt terms possible: We’ve given the responsibility for our eternity, to someone else, (who may not know God’s Word according to God’s will). Do you really want to let another person have the responsibility for securing and insuring your eternal life? Or would you rather take the responsibility yourself, and learn God’s Word according to God’s will and be 100% certain of your eternity?
There are two ways to approach this problem, if you want to take the responsibility yourself. The first, (and most difficult), is to learn the Word of God verbatim from the Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic manuscripts. This is what Bible translators are supposed to be doing. But as you can see from the two representative versions above, it is not really what translators may be doing. After all, when a Bible gets published, it is still just another one of many versions already published and without sales, it will soon vanish into oblivion. Bible translators must keep public acceptance and sales in mind when they do their work so sales and marketability must always be taken into account.
The second approach to taking responsibility for understanding God’s Word according to God’s will is to learn how to study the Word instead. There are many ways to study God’s Word and all have some value. If you know any single way to approach a personal understanding of Scripture, and you use it regularly, then you are already on your way to scriptural independence. But don’t limit your approach to only one. For instance, only reading the Bible literally, allegorically, historically, or inductively. The Scriptures are a tapestry of history, law, songs, poetry, parable, allegory, and direct truth. So knowing only one way to study and understand God’s intended Truth is self-limiting and simply a starting point. Here are some things to consider when beginning your own Radical Christian journey to understand and separate the walk of the flesh, from the walk of faith, by the Holy Spirit.
- Start by assuming that the doctrines and teachings from your church are correct. (Every Christian church strives to maintain doctrinal purity according to the truth of God’s Word.)
- Don’t be afraid of reading the works of teachers from other Christian denominations. (They also strive to maintain doctrinal purity according to the truth of God’s Word, they may have a point of view and understanding different from your own that will shed a different or fuller understanding.)
- When two different opinions exist, try to understand both points of view from the standpoint of the teacher. (It is possible to have different opinions of the same point, simply because of the approach and method of logic used to obtain that opinion.)
- Never be too quick to deny or leave your home or current church. (These people know you, love you, pray for you, and will listen to you already, going somewhere else will only limit your ability to lead in the future.)
- Never forget that your walk with God is not the same as your walk with men. (The walk of faith is your walk with God, the walk of religion is your walk with men. The walk of faith is spiritual, everything else is of the flesh.)
- The responsibility for understanding God’s Word is primarily your own, it’s not your responsibility to change anyone else’s understanding of God’s Word and nobody else can change your understanding but yourself. (The truths you find by your own study were given to you by God. This is part of your individual walk of faith with Him. Everyone else has to live by the truth they understand and accept, we all have an individual walk with God.)
- The more you walk in faith with God, the more likely you will receive personal and detailed revelation from God. This is why you need to know His Word more and more. (God will never alter His Word, add to, or subtract from His Word. The details may change, but the underlying truth will never change.)
- It takes time and experience to develop and strengthen your personal walk of faith in the Holy Spirit. Only you know whether you are walking by the Spirit, or walking by reason and logic. (The Christian spiritual walk requires the Holy Spirit in operation within the Christian believer. If a person is NOT a Christian and they are walking by spiritual revelation, their spiritual operation is NOT from the God and Father of Jesus Christ. In both cases, the spirit in operation is able to give information that cannot be obtained by the logic and reason of the flesh.)
Can you see now why the Holy Spirit cannot be legislated or controlled by religion? The best that religion can do is to control your actions and confession. Though your actions are controlled by your thoughts, religion cannot ultimately control your thoughts. You are still the master of your own thoughts. You literally have the ability to control when you need to be religious in order to please the people of your church, and when you need to obey the Holy Spirit in order to please God. At the points where you must choose between pleasing God or pleasing men, Peter and John set the standard in Acts 4: 19 when they responded to the leaders of the temple.
“But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.”
And later, Paul made this statement in Galatians 1: 10:
“For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.”
If we choose to learn God’s Word entirely by logic and reason, we may miss the truth that God’s Word is first and foremost, spiritual. Thought the subject of the entire Word of God points to Jesus Christ and mankind’s redemption to God, the general teaching in the Word shows how to walk in faith with God. It shows the difference between the walk of the flesh, and the walk of the spirit. Even in the Old Testament, the two walks are shown in contrast through the lives, the successes, and failures of the men and women in the Word. Our greatest example is Jesus Christ, and Paul’s letters add details to the walk that the Old Testament never had, and that Jesus could not reveal.
Had Satan known the power and ability that God wanted to make available to His children because of the sacrifice Jesus had to make, he would never have crucified the Lord of glory. It would have been better for him to leave Jesus Christ alone, than to silence Jesus on the cross.
1 Corinthians 2: 7, 8
“But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.”
The mystery of the ages was that God ordained every single one of His children to walk with Him spiritually. That means, an active, minute by minute, walk with God. Just like the walks Adam and Eve had with God in the Garden of Eden. If you don’t have this kind of walk with God and you call yourself a born-again believer, then you are missing out on the very reason why Jesus gave His life for you. Salvation in Jesus’ name is good. Walking with Jesus every day is better. Knowing you are God’s child, filled with all His love, His power, and His might to deliver you and anyone you love is the best.
This is the walk of the mystery that God had kept hidden from before the foundation of the world. Sure, ministers, prophets, and kings had the spirit in the Old Testament, but the believers had to trust their leadership were walking with God. Now, every believer is able to walk with God. Just like the prophets of old. This is the message that Satan still wants to keep hidden from you. He doesn’t want you to know that you are filled with all of the fullness of God by the Holy Spirit. He doesn’t want you to build a personal relationship with your spiritual Father.
This is why “Rules for Radical Christians: A Practical Primer for Defeating Radical Liberals at Their Own Game” was written. It is filled with examples from the Word and real life that show how you are able to overcome every rule for radicals that the Liberals have known and live by. Liberals know they live by spiritual rules. They even know that the spirit they obey is not the same spirit Jesus Christ obeyed. We are fighting a spiritual battle every day of our lives without realizing it. Because we’ve been taught by liberal teachers that there are no spirits and no spiritual realm. We are being taught a lie by hypocrites denying the truth of spiritual forces to our face, while they worship spiritual forces in secret.
If you are sick and tired of being defeated by lies. Then get this book below by clicking the image and be sure to vote for this book at the Author Academy Award site. It’s nominated in the Religious Non-Fiction category and I want to personally thank you for supporting me with your vote. Together, I know that we will be able to slow the cultural corruption happening all around us as we learn to walk with God individually.