Today is the beginning of the public impeachment hearings against President Trump. If you are familiar with “Rules for Radicals” by Saul Alinsky, you will already know that this is the practical application of its tactics found in Chapter 11 of the book. Do you remember what happened in the Supreme Court confirmation hearings for Justice Brett Kavanaugh? This will be a nearly point by point replay according to Mr. Alinsky’s set of rules and President Trump is the current target.
Here is an excerpt from my book: “Rules for Radical Christians.” It is quoted from “Appendix D: Rules for Radicals Listed” and came from Mr. Alinsky’s book. (The notes in parenthesis are all added for this post and are not part of the Appendix.)
1. “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.” Power is derived from 2 main sources – money and people. “Have-Nots” must build power from flesh and blood. (Liberals are mad that President Trump is disrupting their political power structure that has taken 80 years to build.)
2. “Never go outside the expertise of your people.” It results in confusion, fear and retreat. Feeling secure adds to the backbone of anyone. (The expertise and backbone of Liberals is the power of the media.)
3. “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.” Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty. (Conservatives do not have any control over the mass media. All of the media is controlled by Liberals.)
4. “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.” If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules. (Biblically: “All men are liars.” Psa 116: 11, “There is none righteous, no, not one.” Rom 3: 10.)
5. “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions. (Liberals have been relentlessly ridiculing President Trump from the day of his election.)
6. “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.” They’ll keep doing it without urging and come back to do more. They’re doing their thing, and will even suggest better ones. (Do I really need to elaborate?)
7. “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.” Don’t become old news. (This is why “Quid pro quo” is abandoned and “Extortion” is the new Word of the Day.)
8. “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.” Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new. (Three years of disruption including government shut downs should be enough evidence of pressure against President Trump.)
9. “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.” Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist. (The threat is a national return to God and a morally sound culture.)
10. “The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition.” It is this unceasing pressure that results in the reactions from the opposition that are essential for the success of the campaign. (How many different Anti-Trump organizations have sprung up in the last three years?)
11. “If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.” Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog. (Democrats are trying to paint the picture that they are the underdogs even thought they have won the majority of the House of Representatives.)
12. “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.” Never let the enemy score points because you’re caught without a solution to the problem. (What is the “constructive alternative” Democrats are proposing? Do you want to believe that Hillary Clinton would work to help people? Who do they propose would make a better replacement for President Trump?)
13. “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions. (President Trump is the current target, but the power of the media, the entire Democratic National Organization, and Washington bureaucracy is being used against one man.)
During most of the past few weeks, we’ve been hearing about “Quid pro quo” as a means of inciting public opinion against President Trump. But the process wasn’t as effective as hoped. Only 43% of the people polled agree with impeachment. Or to put it plainly, only people who already hated the President agree with impeachment. The fact that few other people really accepted “Quid pro quo” as an impeachable negative offense had to set in with the Liberal left.
What does “Quid pro quo” really mean in Latin? Substance for substance. It is a slang usage of money for substance. (“Quid” is slang for pounds and is a common slang for British currency.) It speaks of a substitution, a replacement. For example: when money is exchanged at the store for goods or services. The exchange is the quid pro quo. Other phrases that carry the same meaning are: “tit for tat”, “give and take”, or “a favor for a favor”. None of these really held the truly negative force that the impeachment inquiry sought to attain. So a change of tactic is required in order to change public opinion against the President.
So suddenly, every media team has taken up a new “Word of the Day” at the same time. The word is now, “Extortion.” This should work. Now they are going to paint our President as a racketeer, an extortionist demanding a favor for protection. The favor being demanded is “dirt against a political opponent” according to the Democrats.
The real question is: why is it alright for Democrats to pursue every means possible to dig up and inflate everything negative about President Trump in order to disrupt and hinder government for the last three years, but President Trump cannot investigate possible corruption committed by high ranking Democrats? If Joe and Hunter Biden were innocent of wrong doing, why are Democrats working so hard to stop the investigation? Who is really working to cover up the true scandal? Is the scandal really the investigation the President is supposed to be trying to get from the Ukraine or the possibility of coercion and corruption that the Biden’s and Democrats may be trying to hide?
Instead of throwing our legally elected President under the bus in a clearly partisan impeachment process, (a.k.a. kangaroo court), maybe we should be asking what the Democrats are trying to protect. They have focused all of their attention for three years to remove President Trump from office. They are spending huge sums of our tax money to disrupt our governing process by holding this public impeachment. What are they accomplishing for America? Are they trying to enforce laws or change opinions. Are they trying to improve our life or maintain their status quo? Are they trying to build a working coalition to govern or tearing our country into two factions by dividing it politically to extreme left and right?
Let’s wake up America and get honest. Nobody is perfect. But the majority of us are neither extremely liberal nor extremely conservative. Where is the moderation in our government? Partisan politics serves no constructive purpose. The media has suppressed every good thing that President Trump has accomplished for the American people. Only social media has exposed anything positive that the Trump Administration has done. And only Trump followers are able to receive that information. The media has been cruel and one sided against our President. Democrats have been cruel and one sided against our President. Even the internet has been shown to be one sided in favor of Liberal information and against Conservatives. Who is really committing extortion?
I wrote “Rules for Radical Christians” to show constructively and logically the process to restore moral reality into our culture. It begins by restoring our relationship with God Almighty and this book cuts through the Doctrinal mumbo jumbo to get to Biblical and Spiritual common ground. If you are fed up with Liberal political correctness and want to get back to the social middle ground, get my book and learn how important you are to God and the culture around you.